Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
We are conveniently located in Whistler's Marketplace plaza above the TD Bank.
What will my tattoo cost?
The cost of a tattoo will be determined on which artist will be doing your piece, the nature/complexity of the design, and work involved. It is best to book a consultation with an artist to discuss your tattoo needs, so as they may give you a better estimate of cost for your tattoo.
Is there a shop minimum?
Our shop minimum is $100. This is for pieces that are simpler ( ie; simple text, or tattoos smaller than 1") or take under 45 minutes.
How old do I have to be to get a tattoo?
You must be a minimum of 18 year of age to get a tattoo. No parental consent accepted for anyone under 18 years of age.
Whistler Tattoo Company requires all clients to produce proper identification upon request to get a tattoo.
How do I prepare for my tattoo?
- Get a good rest the night before and show up clean and on time. No hangovers. Drugs and alcohol thin the blood and promote excess bleeding which lengthens the healing process.
- Have a good healthy breakfast before your appointment.
- Bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated. Your water bottle will be sanitized upon entry. Please do not bring any outside food or drinks.
- Wear something comfortable to allow your artist better access to the area being tattooed.
- Trust your artist. Sit back, and allow your artist to work without too much distraction.
Your new tattoo will take 3 weeks to fully heal if proper aftercare instructions are followed. At the end of your appointment your artist will go over aftercare instructions and products with you to ensure you understand how to properly care for your tattoo. Aftercare is just as important as the tattoo application process.
Scabbing, flaking, peeling and dryness are all normal parts of the healing process. If you are concerned at any point during your healing process please contact us.
What form of payment do you accept?
We accept VISA, Mastercard, and Debit; as well as e-transfers and cash.
Do I need to send a deposit?
Yes, a deposit is required in order to book an appointment. Deposits are a $100 flat charge and will be deducted from the final total of your tattoo.
Please give at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel, we can reschedule your appointment and roll your deposit over. Deposits, however, are non-refundable. Please call the shop to cancel or reschedule an appointment.